Sunday, July 10, 2011

Where Am I Going, Again?

Do you ever loose your sense of focus in your sea of sewing projects?   Well, I think I am officially lost and have to pull over for directions.  Thankfully, I joined into Fairy Face Designs Summer Sewing linky and listed my summer sewing goals. You can find the details of Sarah's linky here (or use the button on the side bar) if you are interested in joining in too. It's not too late!  Shall we review where things stand at half way (yikes!) through the summer?

Finish my Quilting Guild of Ireland Mystery Quilt  I did finish piecing the top.  I loved the fabrics, but the final pattern was not to my taste.  I took a gamble by taking the Mystery Class and I lost.  So it goes.  The top was donated to Project Linus in May.  We will call it done, even though someone else is truly finishing it.



Finish my Sampler Quilt It is done and sent to Boston!  My friends received the quilt a few days ago and absolutely love it.  I am so happy its in a good home. It was also recently showcased in a Sew Mama Sew column, which made my day. 



Complete the Top of Lattice Illusions I have now changed this design at least three times, but still the work continues.  I know where I am going and I will have the top finished by the end of July. It may be layered and quilted by August with any luck.



Sign Up For and Finish 5 Birdie Stitches Blocks I am pretty well on track here.  I made all 12 blank blocks and now have I have 4 blocks embroidered.  With any luck I will have 6 finished by August.


Begin Piecing the Batik Irish Chain This is kind of started. I washed and ironed the batiks and cut more 2.5 inch strips of background than I care to count.  I love, love, love the fabric so I am sure there will be a good effort put into piecing this by the end of August.  No worries here.

Start and Finish a Bag I am not close to starting or finishing this project.  Can this be a Christmas gift instead of a birthday gift as originally thought?  I say yes.

Take a Precision Quilting Class I looked high and low for a class, but was not successful in finding one online or in person in Ireland.  So, I bought a DVD. I will absolutely be able to watch it by the end of the summer.  No problem there.


I do not know why I ignored two large projects when making my goal list a few weeks ago.  The Japanese Fabric Swap is well underway and the Community Quilt top is well underway!  They will be rather large accomplishments for me this summer, so I may add them to my goal list too. 
Making a list like this has been a great way to keep me focused.  Thanks for the (very kind, friendly) kick in the bum, Sarah!

In addition to the link on Fairy Face Design's check in post, I am also linking to Sew Happy Geek's Manic Monday and Canoe Ridge Creations Sew Modern Monday. 

7 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Yay - I say all those finishes are great and the Swap is worth an A* on its own!!!

Sarah @ FairyFace Designs said...

Definitely an A+! I just love those birdie blocks, they're amazing :-) And I have my charms enveloped ready to post tomorrow! And you're welcome for the kick in the bum ;-) thanks for taking part!

Kristy said...

That rainbow of batiks is absolutely delicious!!!

Ruth said...

I love the birdie blocks! They're awesome and will look so fantastic all finished!

Irina said...

wow! amazing work!I like the lattice illusions top!

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Oooh, I'm intrigued by the video you got - can't wait to hear what you think of it! And your Birdie Stitches blocks are looking fantastic :)

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com said...

Following you from Someday Crafts. {#100..wahoo! :)} Would love to have you link up at my {wow me} wednesday link up party going on right now. :)

Ginger
gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Label Cloud

241 tote all heart appeal antique applique apron art quilt aurifil award baby quilt back background bag basket batik bee Bee Blessed Big Stitch Swap bird's nest birdie stitches birthday blankets of love block blog blogaversary blogger bundle bloglovin' BOM book brit bee brooch bundle bunting business card holder camping cathedral window chain piecing chaos charm pack charm squares charm swap chickens Christmas class clothes color commission community community quilt contest craft craft fair cross cross stitch Cúchulainn cushion design wall diaper Do.Good Stitches donation double wedding ring drawing dress eclipse election electronica embroicery embroidery eraser stamp exhibit fab fabric fabric tape facebook FAL farmers journal fat eight fat quarter fat quarterly feature festival of quilts film finish finish along flag flickr flying geese FMQ FNSI frame Free Motion Friday free motion quilting friends fugly Galway Galway Now gift giveaway goal goals goodie goodie swap granny mania granny squares graph guest blog guild hand puppet hand quilting hand sewing happy hat help hexagons hey girl hospital hot pad HST I Spy ICA improv innovation award inspiration interview invitation ipad ipad cover IPS IQFOI Irish chain Japanese key fob kind stitches knit knitting knitting and stitching kona lattice illusions laugh launch learning lecture Liberty linky list little star loops love on the blocks LQS Day magazine market medallion mennonite miniquilt mixer cover mod logs Mod Pop QAL modern blocks Modern Irish Bee modern irish quilters modern quilt guild modern quilt guild bee modern stitching Modern Stitching Bee monster mouthy stitches mug rug mural name name game name tag napkin needle book new york beauty newsletter Nieve notebook cover overlocker panel paper piecing patchwork pattern Pay it forward Peace Valley peanut butter perle cotton pezzy pizazz photograph PIF pillow pillowcase dress pin cushion pinwheel PJ placemat podcast polka dot pom pom portholes post pouch precut puffy pouch puppy purse QAL quilt quilt exhibit quilt frame quilt top quilter in the gap quilting Rainbow Charm Swap research retreat retroflower review sale sampler scarf science scrap scraps screen printing seams selvage sew and bee happy Sew Bee Blissful sewing machine sewing room shop significant sizzix sketch skirt solid spools stall stand star stargazing start your own stitched in color string stuffed super tote surprise swap swoon tablerunner teaching text thumb tack tiles top tote toy travel tree skirt tumbler tutorial twinkle twinkle twitter video vote walk wallet website win WIP wonky house yarn youtube zip

Total Number of Page Views