Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Farmer's Journal Feature

I can not believe I forgot to tell you guys about this!  Several weeks ago when I was sick, I received a text message.  I was kind of in a daze when it came in, so I kind of read it and kind of didn't.  


Now that's weird.  I only know one John and he doesn't live in Kerry.  And he wouldn't send me text kisses.  Who is this?  I went right back to sleep.  A few hours later it was still niggling at me.  Who is John?  Ah ha!  I finally realized that Kerry has a booming farming industry and that John (still don't know who he is!) must have seen the Fluffy Sheep Quilting feature in the Irish Farmer's Journal.  


You see, I entered the Rural Innovation awards back in December.  I heard in May that I won second place within the Social Media category.  Great news!  Part of the prize was a film about the shop.  I also won a feature within the Farmer's Journal.  So, I wrote the article ages ago and sent it off...and kind of forgot about it.  Until John texted and reminded me.  Anyway, when I was feeling better I went down to the shop and picked up a copy for myself.  Inside (deep inside...) I found this:


A two page spread on social media covering the basics of why it should be included in your business strategy, the basics on the big players of social media and a center page fold of the business that won first prize in the social media category.  Squeezed over on the right, you'll find a little feature on Fluffy Sheep Quilting.


The rainbow charms were a hit with the photographer!  Even though I totally blush with the unflattering photo of myself in a national newspaper, it's great to have a bit of coverage.  Coming in second in the Rural Innovation Awards has been just wonderful for the shop.  I'm thrilled to have participated and would really suggest anyone starting a shop should check locally for a competition such as this.  It will only make you (and your business) stronger.  Thanks for the reminder, John!




24 comments:

Vicki said...

Congrats once again! You are really becoming famous.

Charlotte said...

that's fantastic!

Tomomi McElwee said...

Congratulations! It looks fab and big.

Susan said...

Congratulations! You must be chuffed! I hope these accolades contribute to more business coming your way!

memmens said...

Well done, you're probably reaching a new audience there too!

Rosy Sews said...

When I saw "Farmers Journal" in the title in my feed from Blog Lovin I knew it just had to be a blog from Ireland :) That is a great spread Cindy, hope it generated an increase in visits to and purchases from the shop! (Great to put a face to the name too)

Canadian Abroad said...

You couldn't take a bad photo if you tried! Love that you did so well. Fluffy Sheep (and you) is the best.

Agnes Warren said...

Well done Cindy. Lovely article. You look great..

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Congratulations!

Elita@Busy Needle Quilting said...

Great article Cindy! Glad you're feeling better too. :-)

Leanne said...

You got more ink than the winner, that is always good. I am glad to see your shop getting so much attention. I hope you have texted John back, maybe he quilts.

Aoife said...

Woop! Congratulations - a 2/3 of a page spread is awesome and your shop looked great in the pics!

Strawberry Patch said...

Look at you mrs famous!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Centrefold in the Farmer's Journal eh!!? I'll say no more xxx

Judy said...

Congrats on being published! I think the photo of you looks great. Wow, I know a famous person now ;-) Enjoy and I hope that it brings a lot of business your way.
Judy

Karen said...

Congrats on your features! :o)

Catherine said...

Congratulations on such a fabulous article

Cindy Sharp said...

Congratulations!

kathy said...

Super Congrats.
A reminder not to neglect the local yokels.

Emily's Mum said...

Oh wow. Well done ... And we all love a farmer

Erin @ Billy Button Design said...

Oh my goodness I bet you his surname is O'Sullivan Can you just imagine his bogger accent.. He probably wanted to talk/sing about sheep with you...(really John...I'm only making up a yarn...I think it's great that you are broadening your horizons. Or is that your Kerry charm that you are working on?)

Sarah @ FairyFace Designs said...

Too funny. Congrats hon!

Katy Cameron said...

I may have had a bit of a giggle about all the Irish farmers drooling over you in their tractors at lunchtime :oD

Nicky said...

Haha! Cindy the icon of Irish farmers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Label Cloud

241 tote all heart appeal antique applique apron art quilt aurifil award baby quilt back background bag basket batik bee Bee Blessed Big Stitch Swap bird's nest birdie stitches birthday blankets of love block blog blogaversary blogger bundle bloglovin' BOM book brit bee brooch bundle bunting business card holder camping cathedral window chain piecing chaos charm pack charm squares charm swap chickens Christmas class clothes color commission community community quilt contest craft craft fair cross cross stitch Cúchulainn cushion design wall diaper Do.Good Stitches donation double wedding ring drawing dress eclipse election electronica embroicery embroidery eraser stamp exhibit fab fabric fabric tape facebook FAL farmers journal fat eight fat quarter fat quarterly feature festival of quilts film finish finish along flag flickr flying geese FMQ FNSI frame Free Motion Friday free motion quilting friends fugly Galway Galway Now gift giveaway goal goals goodie goodie swap granny mania granny squares graph guest blog guild hand puppet hand quilting hand sewing happy hat help hexagons hey girl hospital hot pad HST I Spy ICA improv innovation award inspiration interview invitation ipad ipad cover IPS IQFOI Irish chain Japanese key fob kind stitches knit knitting knitting and stitching kona lattice illusions laugh launch learning lecture Liberty linky list little star loops love on the blocks LQS Day magazine market medallion mennonite miniquilt mixer cover mod logs Mod Pop QAL modern blocks Modern Irish Bee modern irish quilters modern quilt guild modern quilt guild bee modern stitching Modern Stitching Bee monster mouthy stitches mug rug mural name name game name tag napkin needle book new york beauty newsletter Nieve notebook cover overlocker panel paper piecing patchwork pattern Pay it forward Peace Valley peanut butter perle cotton pezzy pizazz photograph PIF pillow pillowcase dress pin cushion pinwheel PJ placemat podcast polka dot pom pom portholes post pouch precut puffy pouch puppy purse QAL quilt quilt exhibit quilt frame quilt top quilter in the gap quilting Rainbow Charm Swap research retreat retroflower review sale sampler scarf science scrap scraps screen printing seams selvage sew and bee happy Sew Bee Blissful sewing machine sewing room shop significant sizzix sketch skirt solid spools stall stand star stargazing start your own stitched in color string stuffed super tote surprise swap swoon tablerunner teaching text thumb tack tiles top tote toy travel tree skirt tumbler tutorial twinkle twinkle twitter video vote walk wallet website win WIP wonky house yarn youtube zip

Total Number of Page Views